NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO THE CURRENT EMPLOYEES OF THE PROMOTER (AS DEFINED HEREIN) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY (SEE SECTION 3 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS). VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE REVIEWED, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
1. PROMOTER. The promoter (the “Promoter”) of the Contest is: Whelan Security Co., 1699 S. Hanley, Suite 350, St. Louis, MO 63144.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is only open to current employees of the Promoter and Whelan Security Co., Whelan Security of Illinois, Inc., Whelan Security Protection Services, Inc., Whelan Security Mid-Atlantic LLC, Whelan Security Management Services, Inc. and Whelan Security of California, Inc. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry and who are legal residents of the United States. Contest is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
3. PERIOD AND METHOD OF ENTRY. During the period beginning at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”), October 22, 2014 and ending at 11:59 p.m. CST, December 15, 2014 (the “Period”), you will receive one (1) entry per Qualifying Referral during the Period. A Qualifying Referral means a referral that elects to provide services to Promoter and that remains an employee of Promoter in good standing for at least thirty (30) days during the Period. The Promoter’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. There is no limit on Qualifying Referrals per employee. All decisions regarding Qualifying Entries shall be made in the sole and exclusive discretion of Promoter. All entries become the exclusive property of the Promoter, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or invalid entries, which will be disqualified.
4. PRIZE. There is no maximum number of winners for the Contest. Each eligible employee of Promoter employed at the end of the Period will receive one (1) $100 prize award for each Qualifying Referral presented by the eligible employee during the Period. Promoter will provide the $100 prize awards via check, direct deposit or other payment means as established with Promoter’s Accounting Department. The eligible employee currently employed by Promoter at the end of the Period having the most Qualifying Entries during the Period will be designated the potential Grand Prize Winner, and qualify to receive the Grand Prize payout of $2,000, pending verification of eligibility. In the event of a “tie” for the Grand Prize, one or more eligible employees currently employed by Promoter at the end of the Period will share the Grand Prize on an equal basis. For example, if two employees each have 10 Qualifying Entries, they will receive $1,000 each. No substitution for the prize by winner. Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable prior to award. Taxes associated with the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The grand prize winner will be notified by the Promoter via electronic mail during the week of December 22, 2014. The winner’s name may be posted on the Promoter’s website, social media web pages, email communication or other company materials. In the event the grand prize is not accepted or claimed by the winner within 3 weeks of the winner being notified by e-mail, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to award the unclaimed prize to another entrant in the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion. For a list of the winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Promoter’s address listed above Attn: 2014 Referral Contest. Any potential winner who fails to comply with the eligibility requirements will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person.
6. GENERAL. Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Contest without notice for any reason at its sole discretion. Acceptance of an offered prize by the winner constitutes permission to use any of such person’s name, likeness, and biographical information for advertising and publicity, without compensation, unless prohibited by law. Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promoter. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and may be used by the Promoter in advertising the Promoter’s products and services. By entering the Contest, all entrants assign all of their copyright in their entries to the Promoter and expressly waive all of their moral rights under the U.S. Copyright Act in favor of the Promoter. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
7. DISCLAIMERS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE PROMOTER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE ACT OF SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, OR INABILITY TO DO SO, INCLUDING DUE TO ANY AND ALL TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THIS CONTEST OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. THE WINNER SHALL BEAR ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO HIS/HER PRIZE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. THE PROMOTER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE. THIS EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY APPLICABLE STATUTE PROHIBITS SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. RELEASE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE THE PROMOTER AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND AGENTS, FOR, AGAINST AND FROM, ANY COST, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR EXPENSE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PROPERTY OR PERSON(S), INCLUDING DEATH, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AND/OR WITH RESPECT TO PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS CONTEST.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; VENUE. These Official Rules constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the Promoter and you and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, written and oral, relating to the subject matter hereof. You agree that any suit or action that may be brought against the Promoter may only be brought in the State court located in the County of St. Louis, Missouri or in the United States Federal District Court, Eastern District of Missouri.